The Arkansas Historic Preservation Program (AHPP) will be conducting public meetings to discuss the State Preservation Plan. The agency is tasked with reviewing the plan and making modifications to it every five years and the current plan can be viewed at https://bit.ly/3id07YI.
Meetings will take place in person unless otherwise noted:
- Conway Municipal Building, 1111 Main St., at 5:30 p.m. on Oct. 25
- Blue Lion, 101 North 2nd St., Fort Smith at 5:30 p.m. on Nov. 4
- North Little Rock Heritage Center, 506 Main St., at 5:30 p.m. on Nov. 10
- Online with Microsoft Teams at noon on Dec. 7
- Texarkana City Hall, 216 Walnut St., Board Room, at 9:30 a.m. on Dec. 15
- Downtown Osceola, 213 W. Hale, at noon on Jan. 10
- To be announced, Dumas at 4:00 p.m. on Jan. 18
To obtain a login for the Microsoft Teams meetings please contact Travis Ratermann, National Register Survey Historian, at [email protected] or 501-324-9874.
The AHPP also has a survey available for public input. The survey is in both English and Spanish and can be completed here https://bit.ly/3cflW6b. Input from the public is valuable in creating goals and plans for 2022-2025.