Department of Arkansas Heritage
For FOI requests or inquiries:
Department of Arkansas Heritage
C/O Melissa Whitfield
1100 North Street
Little Rock, AR 72201
Information which can be identified or associated with a particular person or persons that is available from government web sites is subject to these principles and policies:
- The Arkansas government has information about individuals, or which can be identified or associated with a particular individual, and this
information is contained in the public records of the Arkansas state and local government. The Arkansas Freedom of Information Act addresses
the type of government information which is available to the public. See
Ark. Code Ann. § 25-19-105. Information generally available under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act and not made confidential elsewhere in the Arkansas Code or by federal law may be posted for electronic access through the Department of Arkansas Heritage.
- The Arkansas Freedom of Information Act recognizes many concerns people have with regard to public records that include information about them, including the right to correct inaccurate information. Consequently, persons concerned with regard to information about them should contact the custodian of the record, which typically is the state agency or other governmental entity that collects and maintains the information.
Information which can be identified or associated with a particular person or persons that is collected by the Department of Arkansas Heritage and its agencies is subject to these principles and policies:
- The information collected should only be that necessary to provide the information or services sought by the requester, just as a person might provide such information when visiting a governmental office in person. The information collected is subject to the same controls and uses as that collected by governmental offices visited in person, again subject to the access and confidentiality provisions of the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act, Ark Code Ann., § 25-19-101 through 25-19-107, or to other applicable sections of the Arkansas Code. You do not have to provide personal information to visit the network's Web sites or download this information.
- The IP (Internet Protocol) numbers of computers used to visit network sites are noted as part of our statistical analysis on use of our web sites and how to better design services and facilitate access to them. Government agencies may request personally identifiable information from you in order to provide requested services, but such information is handled as it would be on an in-person visit to a government office.
- Various commercial Web sites may be linked through the network. These private sector sites are not subject to the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act. Visitors to those sites may wish to check their privacy statements and be cautious about providing personally identifiable information.
What kind of information does this Web site collect?
- Information generated by browsing the Web site, such as IP address, which pages are visited, and how long an individual stays on each page.
- Information generated from or reflecting explicit interactions with the Web site, such as queries to a search engine, or logs of account activity.
Why is this information collected?
- Information may be used for the technical support of the Web site and its computer system. For example, to process computer account information,
to secure and maintain the site, or to verify Web site activity by the site or its agents.
- Information may be used to enhance, evaluate, or otherwise review the Web site, service, product, or market.
Who has access to this information?
- This Web site, entities for whom it is acting as an agent, and/or entities acting as its agent. An agent in this instance is defined as a third
party that processes data only for the completion of the stated purpose, such as a shipping firm or printing service.
How long is the information retained?
- Information is retained for an indeterminate period of time.
Do users have access to their information collected by the Web site?
- All personally identifiable information.