Heritage Month Grants
Heritage Month 2017 grant applications are now being accepted through December 5, 2016. Click here for more information.
Grants are available to help communities and organizations develop meaningful Heritage Month events and programs in their areas. These are the general guidelines:
- The grant process typically opens each year in October, with an application deadline in mid-December.
- Grants will be awarded in February for Heritage Month events to be held in May.
- Grant awards can be up to $5,000 for a qualifying event.
- Grant applications must reflect the current year’s theme.
- Grant awards require a 25 percent match, either in cash and/or in-kind.
- The project must occur during the month of May.
- The applicant must be a non-profit or not-for-profit organization.
- The applicant must not be an agency of local, county or state government. However, collaborative efforts, such as friends groups involving state agencies, are acceptable.
- Grants will not be awarded to fund ongoing operating cost of the organization.